Women to Women
how to GET INVOLVED
Nobody understands the challenges women face better than women themselves.
What You Can Do:
We invite you to participate in effective philanthropy: philanthropy that is inspired by a commitment to create positive change for women and their families. We invite you to make a difference in collaboration with those who share a connection to our community! Working as women united in a common purpose is empowering for council members and grantees alike. You may join us as a member, attend an event to learn more and/or make a donation to support the investments we’ll make this year.
- Amplify your giving by leveraging your dollars with those of other members.
- Give voice to the issues affecting the women in our community by deciding with your peers on the Council which programs to fund.
- See the impact of your giving as funded programs share accomplishments with membership that were made possible by the Council’s grants.
- Develop new personal and professional relationships with other women.
- Learn from workshops and conversations on philanthropy, women in philanthropy, issues and needs of women, how organizations are serving women, and trends and gaps in funding.
- Make a one-time pledge with a variety of options to make payments affordable.
- Participate in the Council grantmaking process, a cooperative effort to select the recipients of grants. This may include identifying organizations and programs to fund, reviewing proposals, conducting site visits, and voting on grant recommendations.
- Provide good stewardship and thought partnership to the Council with your active and positive participation. This may include attending meetings, or planning events to attract new members
- Connect Women to Women with organizations and stakeholders doing work on behalf of women in the Greensboro area.
Women to Women has grown from four determined women to 130 members (87 leading donors). As a member you can make an impact too. We invite you to become part of this strong leadership of Greensboro women with your one-time pledge. Leave a legacy by helping to ensure all women in Guilford County have the opportunities they need to reach their highest potential.
Pledges can be paid over 5 years.
- LEADING DONOR