TIPS for online applications
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is proud to introduce web-based grant applications for our grantmaking and scholarship programs. We have partnered with Foundant’s Grant Lifecycle Manager which is a user-friendly system used by over 300 foundations.
Foundant has created a five-minute tutorial for applicants that may be reviewed here. It is highly recommended that all applicants review this video before beginning a new application. You can also review the Applicant Tutorial in this PDF.
When you click on the Portal button below, you will be taken to a screen where you will either sign in if you already have created a login account or create a new account if you do not have an account.
Make sure you have read the guidelines and eligibility for the grant or scholarship you are applying for before starting your application. As you begin the online application process, you will input information about your organization. Using your user ID and password, you will always have access to your information and you will be able to update it at your convenience. Your email address will be your user ID. Keep in mind your email user ID is specific to your organization. It should be an email address that anyone accessing the online application can remember.
Once you have registered, you can access the application form for the grant program. At that point we recommend choosing the “Print Question Legend” which will provide guidance for each question as well as instructions related to the attachments. You can then develop responses to the application questions and compile the attachments. You can save your application at any point and come back later to finish it. Please remember to regularly save your work.
- The system will auto save every 20 minutes.
- Users will be automatically logged out of the online system after 90 minutes of inactivity. The user will receive a warning message at 80 minutes of the pending time out. Working on a form without saving does not count as activity.
- It is advisable to download copies of all submitted forms to your computer.
- If you do not provide an answer for one of the required questions, you will not be able to submit your application.
- Please remember to click “Submit Form” when you are finished.
Once your application has been submitted it is no longer available for editing. If you need to make a correction to a submitted form, contact the Community Foundation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.