Community Grants Program
ABOUT COMMUNITY GRANTS PROGRAM
Community Grants are one-time grants given to help nonprofits meet community needs and opportunities by building their capacity to reach their missions. Grants usually range in size from a few hundred dollars up to $10,000, and tend to average $3,000-$5,000. Grants are available to nonprofits in the greater Greensboro area.
The 2018 Community Grants Program will focus on capacity building for nonprofits. By definition, grants will support activities based upon what different organizations need to more effectively reach their missions. For example:
- One organization might request dollars for a training program for staff or the board;
- Another organization’s needs might generate a grant request for strategic planning;
- Two or more nonprofits might request funds jointly to support a restructuring effort to strategically align services or administrative functions; and
- Other nonprofits might seek support for evaluating a program and assessing future options.
Applicants are encouraged to consult the abundant literature on capacity building efforts for nonprofits to help in their design of a grant request. The Greensboro Public Library’s Nonprofit Resource Center and the Guilford Nonprofit Consortium are valuable resources for this. While the Community Grants Program’s focus is on capacity building, special projects may also be considered in the arts & humanities, education, environment, housing, and building social capital and civic engagement.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in or serving the greater Greensboro area.
- Requests may not exceed $10,000 and cannot be used for expenses already incurred.
- Typically, multi-year grant applications are not considered in this grant program.
- Public schools or other public agencies will typically not receive grants through this program, although they may be involved as partners in funded efforts.
- Grants are not awarded to individuals.
- If your organization has previously received a grant from the Community Grants Program, a grant reporting form for that grant must be submitted before a new proposal can be considered.
2018 APPLICATION CYCLES
In 2018, two application cycles are offered with deadlines on February 28th and August 10th. Applications are due by 11:59 pm on the deadline date. Applications are reviewed by the foundation's Grants Committee and generally, decisions are made within eight weeks. Please note that additional information may be requested during the review process.
Community Grants Program Grantseeker Information Sessions will be held from 9:00-10:30 AM on January 26 and July 20 -- please click here to register!
YOU CAN NOW APPLY TO OUR GRANTMAKING PROGRAMS THROUGH AN ONLINE APPLICATION TOOL. PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO BEGIN OR CONTINUE YOUR APPLICATION.
Previous Grants Awarded
(Greensboro, NC) January 24, 2018 -- The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) has estab... Read More