The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro awards community grants to nonprofits that support a wide range of issues facing people in our area. Typically, these are one-time grants to help nonprofits in the Greater Greensboro area build their capacity to more effectively achieve their missions.
Our 2021 Community Grants Program is pleased to direct its grant support to the Beyond Resilience grants coaching. This initiative is designed to help nonprofits build back from the effects of the COVID pandemic. Beyond Resilience is a partnership of the Guilford Nonprofit Consortium and Guilford County area funders. The 2021 application period is closed. The consortium will announce the application period for 2022.
Applying for funding from our Community Grants
Applicants are encouraged to consult the Greensboro Public Library’s Nonprofit Resource Center and the Guilford Nonprofit Consortium for information on capacity building efforts for nonprofits to help the design of a grant request.
General Guidelines for Applicants
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in or serving the Greater Greensboro area.
- Requests may not exceed $5,000 and cannot be used for expenses already incurred.
- Typically, multi-year grant applications are not considered in this grant program.
- Public schools or other public agencies will typically not receive grants through this program, although they may be involved as partners in funded efforts.
- Grants are not awarded to individuals.
- If your organization has previously received a grant from the Community Grants Program, a grant report form for that grant must be submitted before a new proposal can be considered.
For more information regarding this program, please contact our Grants Department.