The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is a tax-exempt public charity that believes we can do more working together than any of us can accomplish separately. To that end, we help individuals, families and organizations establish charitable funds and make annual gifts from the earnings to support worthy causes. Each fund becomes a permanent investment in the community that lives on forever to create opportunities, answer needs and fulfill dreams.
The Foundation is staffed by a team of professionals who are experts not only in managing funds, but also in helping donors determine how they can make the greatest community impact. In addition, we’re guided by a broad-based board of directors who bring their own unique backgrounds and perspectives to the work we do. Together we manage more than 600 charitable funds and distribute more than $10 million in gifts annually to worthy organizations across the community.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is a member of the Council on Foundations and meets rigorous national standards for operational quality, donor services and accountability.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening the community for present and future generations. The Community Foundation promotes philanthropy, builds and maintains a permanent collection of endowment funds and serves as a trustworthy partner and leader in shaping effective responses to community issues and opportunities.
The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, working toward a vision of an inclusive, caring and vibrant community, will:
- Seek funds, which will be living gifts, investments returned to the community for generations to come;
- Involve donors in strengthening their community while accomplishing their giving objectives;
- Impact the community through grantmaking and leadership in community problem-solving;
- Speak for values that promote social responsibility and self-sufficiency of all people; and
- Continue to earn respect for competency and professionalism, for a board and staff thoroughly engaged in the work of the organization and dedicated to its mission.
- Forward thinking/progress/innovation
Give To. Give Through. Give With...The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Inc.