Housing Our Community
The City of Greensboro and The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro (CFGG) are leading a community process aimed at creating a shared housing vision for a successful, sustainable, affordable housing initiative for all residents. Click here to review the vision, mission and goals for "Housing our Community."
Read more below about where we are now in regards to housing and where we need to be in the future.
- "The Need for and Benefits of Affordable Housing in Greensboro, NC" prepared by NPH Consulting, LLC as a summary of the following two publications commissioned by the City and CFGG to study the economic benefits of affordable housing investments:
- "Affordable Housing in Greensboro: the Challenge and the Benefits" prepared by Keith G. Debbage of University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- "Economic and Community Impact of Affordable Housing Investment" prepared by the NC Housing Coalition.
- Public input was sought earlier this year in this process via community meetings and an online survey. Check out the most prevalent ideas and themes that came from the public.
- Review these local rental housing facts and figures.
We will be sharing more information soon -- stay tuned!